A few “Q & A’s”
- As the owner, can I come along?
at a port of your choosing. Depending on the anticipated route and how much you want to involve yourself in the delivery, we may adjust the required number of crew.
- Does the boat need to be insured?
- Does my boat need to be ready for the delivery?
- How is payment made?
(In lieu of prepaying the delivery expenses, most owners prefer providing a credit card for use during the delivery.) Balance of the delivery cost is due on vessel arrival at the Port of Destination. It is common practice that the owner or the owner’s agent meet the vessel on arrival to make final payment. Other arrangements can be made for final payment by contacting our office. An accurate accounting of all costs including receipts will be provided.
- What can I expect for my money?
- A Professional crew including a U.S. Coast Guard Licensed Master.
- We handle all arrangements required for crew travel.
- A pre-departure inspection of the vessel and its systems.
- Provision the vessel for the delivery, fill all fuel and water tanks, and secure all loose equipment for sea.
- Provide all navigational charts and pilots for you if they are not already on board.
- Provide the owner with a position and progress report daily where communications capability exists, usually with a daily electronic photo of overnight location and situation.
- Maintain a log of the voyage for your records.
- Keep an accurate accounting and provide receipts that detail all expenses incurred during the delivery.
- Your yacht or boat delivered to its port of destination clean and ready for you to use.
- Professionalism, Experience, and Safety.
- Travel time, mechanical delays, and weather delays?